Highlands NC offers great summer camps for kids. Summer camp in Highlands is designed around our stunning natural environment, offering a great deal of fun with learning at the same time. While it’s hard to believe that summer is almost here, it is just around the corner and planning camp for the kids means planning peace for you.
The Highlands Nature Center offers a few different day camps have for children ages 4 to 14 years old. These camps offer memories in the making, new friendships and boundless summer fun in the Southern Blue Ridge Mountains.
The camps offered by the Highlands Nature Center this summer include:
- WOW! – a World of Wonder for ages 4 to 6 years old. This fun camp will have your children playing games, enjoying the outdoors and learning about our environment and the critters that live here.
- Amazing Animals for ages 7 to 10 years old. Kids in this fun camp will learn about different animal groups with hands-on activities and observations out in nature.
- Nature Works for ages 8 to 11 years old. Kids will learn more about our ecosystem, what lives in our environment, studying the forest and ponds around us.
- Mountain Explorers for ages 10 to 13 years old. Kids will explore the mountainous area we live in on hikes, keeping journals and enjoying adventures.
- Junior Ecologists for ages 11 to 14. Kids will study both at our Biological Station and in the Nantahala National Forest. Measuring, mapping and collecting are but a few activities the kids will enjoy.
The Highlands Nature Center is a true amenity for our community, offering learning adventures on a year round basis. Our beautiful area and plentiful open space offers an ideal classroom to learn about nature in all of its forms.
Contact me, Lynn Kimball, today to learn more about summer in Highlands NC. I can get you started on your Highlands home search and help you begin a lifetime of memories in the Highlands NC area.
Click here to learn more about the camps offered by the Highlands Nature Center or to register.